STEM Pathways Program Information
Students currently attending Adams 12 Five Star Schools:
Students who are currently attending Northglenn HS and would like to select a pathway, can complete an in-building request.
Eighth grade students in Adams 12, will need to complete the STEM Application. (Para español)
Students currently outside Adams 12 Five Star Schools.
In addition to completing the STEM Application, out of district choice students must follow the district's guidelines and complete the district's choice application.
To find out more information about Adams 12 Five Star Schools' choice process, click here.
Early College (EC@N-STEM) Program Information
See the description for the program.
Students must apply for the EC@N-STEM (PTECH) their eighth grade year to be eligible for the program. See the timeline below for dates.
Family Visits now updated!
Current and prospective Norse parents and students can tour Northglenn HS STEM. No appointment is necessary. Please park in the lot located at 102nd Ave. and Huron St. Please enter through the Explore Archway into the STEM building.
|8:30-10:30 am||7:00-9:00 am|
|F - 9/7||T - 9/18|
|T - 10/2||F - 10/26|
|T - 11/6||F - 12/7|
|F - 1/11||T - 2/5|
|F - 2/22||T - 3/5|
Student shadow experiences will be available from October to February. A Family Visit is required before a student shadow experience can be arranged. Information about student shadows is explained during the Family Visit. Feel free to contact Leslie Foster (email@example.com) for more information after attending a Family Visit.
How Does Northglenn HS STEM compare to other high schools?
As STEMinspired educators, all the teacher at Northglenn HS practice these four tenets of STEM education:
In each discipline, students are presented with authentic, real-world problems on which to work. They must present their findings and solutions to community/industry experts. If any new idea can be transformed into an entrepreneurial effort, we have business partners who can work with students to make their plans into reality.
21st Century Skills
Students practice the skills necessary to be successful in the work force. These skills include: collaboration, creativity, innovation, problem-solving, and use of technology.
Students investigate and formulate questions as a way of understanding the content and discovering its significance. "The power of an inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning is its potential to increase intellectual engagement and foster deep understanding through the development of a hands-on, minds-on and research-based disposition towards teaching and learning." --Neil Stephenson
When developing transdisciplinary contexts surrounding a PBL experience for students, teachers incorporate the varied lenses of different disciplines that individuals would typically explore in that authentic real-world context. Some of these lenses include: cultural, social, political, economic, historical, and scientific.
Video Describing Problem Based Learning (PBLs)
To find out about tours for non-partners, please contact:
Leslie Foster, Kerry Glenn or Todd Corn.
If you would like to be trained on the Adams 12 STEM Model, please register using this link. For more information about our model, please visit STEMinspired.org
Important Dates for Early College & STEM Pathways
- The application window will open October 30, 2017.
- Tentatively, High School Information Night will held at the Educational Support Center from 5:45-7:30 PM November 14 & 16, 2017
- Applications need to be received by: 12:00 noon on December 8, 2017.
- Notice of acceptance will be mailed by USPS before: January 28, 2018. We will mail acceptance packets on December 15, 2018.
- Accepted candidates must inform NHS STEM of their plan to attend or not attend by: February 19, 2018.
Educational Opportunities at Northglenn HS STEM
- Students can start taking college-level classes for college credit starting their freshmen year!
- Most freshmen take two years of math their freshmen year!
- All freshmen take either Physics, College Preparatory Physics, or Advanced Placement Physics (college level)!
- We are the only school in the district that has offered Calculus 3on our campus for the last four years! This class can be taken for college credit through University of Colorado - Denver.
- Student Internships.