Understanding STEM Options
STEM for All Students
In every classroom students experience an inquiry educational approach that uses problem-based learning (PBLs). In each discipline, students address authentic problems using 21st century skills, looking through a variety of lenses. Students present their recommendations to panels of industry experts. All departments have increased student exposure to science, technology, engineering, and math standards.
View our Advanced Placement (AP) and college options and advanced electives.
The STEM Pathways Program is an elective-based four-year program in PLTW Biomedical Sciences or PLTW Engineering. Students who are on a STEM Pathway have access to the following program elements:
- Guaranteed Admissions to CU-Boulder Engineering and Applied Sciences (see counselor for details)
- Priority scheduling
- Industry mentorships
- Able to earn a letter in STEM
- Earn college credit starting their freshmen year
- STEM certificate
- STEM seal on their diploma
- Regalia at graduation
This is our Computer Information Systems Pathway. EC@N-STEM is part of Pathways in Technology Early College High Schools (P-TECH), a national network of schools providing students with a FREE Associate's Degree and opportunities to enter the workforce in STEM related fields. Through a partnership with Front Range Community College and CenturyLink, students can earn their Associate's of Applied Sciences (AAS) in Computer Information Systems. EC@N-STEM is open to all students, with a special focus on encouraging enrollment of students who are socio-economically and racially diverse, the first to attend college in their family, including English language learners, and students with disabilities.
In addition to the STEM Pathways Program Elements, EC@N-STEM also receive:
- Up to a six year program (Students continue their education on the Westminster Campus of Front Range Community College after graduation)
- No cost associate's degree
- Industry internships
- Work on industry and college campuses
- STEM employment opportunities
* Available by application only