Home of the Mighty Norse!
Winter Sport Meeing
Winter Sports Meeting will be Wednesday, October 20th. Winter sports are boys & girls basketball, girls swimming, and wrestling. Information about the district girls wrestling team can be found on Legacy High School website. The Winter Sports meeting will be in the Auditorium from 6:00PM - 7:30PM, a mask is required. Online registration will open on the 20th. Face masks are required to attend.
We will also have a COVID vaccination that night next to the auditorium, 5:00PM - 8:00PM. If you are under the age of 18, you will need a parent guardian present if you would like to take advantage of the opportunity. This is not required but is a great opportunity. GO Norse!!!!
Registration will open October 20th and closes on Ocgtober 27th.
Off Season Programs
Interested in participating in playing a winter or spring sport. Please reachout to the coach for more information and location.
- Boys Basketball: Kevin Knudson, Kevin.Knudson@adams12.org
- Girls Basketball: Gabriella Jimenez, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wrestling: Brian Hufford, Brian.Hufford@adams12.org
- Baseball: Chris Mann, Christopher.H.Mann@adams12.org
- Girls Soccer: Kristina Churchill, Kristina.email@example.com
Support Norse Athletics
Purchasing furnature at American Warehouse? Mention Northglenn High School and instantly suppport our athletics program.
Access all Norse athletic schedules online. - To receive emails or texts regarding schedule changes, simply click "notify me" on the right side of the page and enter your notification details. More information about how to use the scheduler.
Children's Hospital Partnership
In 2010, Children’s Hospital Colorado and Adams 12 Five Star Schools formed a partnership to preserve the health and wellness of the district’s high school athletes. As a result, Sports Medicine Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado now staffs each high school’s training room with a certified athletic trainer who provides coverage of all athletic practices and home varsity events. In addition, Children’s Hospital Colorado also provides a physician at all home varsity football games, wrestling weight certifications, and various tournaments. Physicians also visit high schools weekly for as needed consultations.
Certified Athletic Trainers Provide the Following Services:
- Daily medical coverage, injury evaluations/management for all Five Star Schools athletes
- Concussion management
- Liaisons to assigned team physicians for each school
- Free injury assessments and recommendations for follow–up care
- Fast track emergency room care
- First aid & implementation of emergency protocols at each high school
- Annual athletic physicals (CAPS)
- Education and instruction for student athletes, coaches and parents
- Student education in sports medicine career paths
- Medical coverage available for summer camps upon request
In addition to clinical care, Children’s Hospital Colorado will provide Comprehensive Athletic Physicals (CAPS) free of charge for the district’s high school students. Children’s Colorado also offers ongoing educational seminars for parents and coaches on sports medicine, sports nutrition and concussion topics.
The Sports Medicine Center is housed within Children’s Hospital Colorado's Orthopedics Institute , recognized as one of the top 10 pediatric orthopedic programs in the country by U.S. News and World Report . Its team includes several sports medicine specialists who are specially trained and qualified to care for young competitive athletes, as well as pediatric rehabilitation medicine, physical therapy, orthopedic and orthopedic surgery specialists. Through the Sports Medicine Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado, children and teens also gain direct access to all of the pediatric experts and resources available through Children’s Colorado, including its Concussion Program .
Our relationship with the Children's Hospital keeps student athletes in the Five Star District healthy to play the sports they love.
Some Helpful Links From Children's HospitalThe importance of iron intake
Back to school with COVID-19, Part 2 - With school coming back around and the pandemic still not over, two issues weigh heavily on parents’ minds: How will the school year play out, and what’s best for my child and family? Parenting is hard, especially now, and every family’s situation is different. That’s why we rounded up our experts to address frequently asked questions from real parents – all focused on keeping precious little minds and bodies healthy.
Virtual Talk Opportunities From Children's Hospital
Young Athlete Nutrition-Coaches Education Series
Tune into three upcoming virtual opportunities with Children’s Hospital Colorado Sports Medicine Center’s experts on the health and wellbeing of the athlete for coaches of all sports.Best Diet for Young Athletes Presented by: Amanda Turner, MS, RDN, CSSD, Sports Dietitian Wednesday, October 13, 2021 7:00PM-8:00PM Supplement Use in Young Athletes Presented by: Amanda Turner, MS, RDN, CSSD, Sports Dietitian Wednesday, January 5, 2022 7:00PM-8:00PM Is Your Athlete Under Fueling? Presented by: Amanda Turner, MS, RDN, CSSD, Sports Dietitian Aubrey Armento, MD, CAQSM Wednesday, April 27, 2021 7:00PM-8:00PM Virtual via Zoom: - URL: https://zoom.us/j/99816712169 Phone number: 1-669-900-6833 - Zoom Meeting ID number: 99816712169
- Best Diet for Young Athletes: From keto to plants-based to 75 hard, diet rules are easy to find for both adults and youth athletes. Learn what diet is really the best for athletes, why, and how to best support your athlete's nutrition.
- Supplement Use in Young Athletes: The CDC reports that 1/3 of all children and adolescents take supplements. Our dietitian will discuss common supplements for health, muscle gain, weight loss, and sports performance
- Is Your Athlete Under Fueling? Relative Energy Deficiency in Sport (RED-s) is estimated to be prevalent in 30% or more of all athletes. Learn about RED-s, identifying concerning behaviors in athletes, and how it impacts health and performance.
Our expert and physician, Dr Jenna Glover hosted a Q&A on Back to School Stress. Here is a link to the discussion with lots of helpful tips/tricks for parents as kids go back to school.