Home of the Mighty Norse!
Registration is open!!!!!
Fall sports are football, volleyball, boys golf, boys tennis, cross country, softball, boys soccer, spirit. Must complete the online registration, complete payment of $150, and have a current physical to participate in tryouts/practice.
Practice/Tryouts start on the day and location below. If you have specific questions please contact the coach.
- Football: Matt Dean, Matthew.P.Dean@adams12.org, Football Field, 4:00PM
- Boys Golf: TBD, Nick.Kosovich@adams12.org, Legacy Ridge Golf Course 4:00PM
- POMS Camp/Tryouts: Krista Zozulia, Krista.A.Zozulia@adams12.org , Main Gym 8:00AM
- Boys Soccer: Ernesto Medina, email@example.com, Upper Turf Field, 4:00PM
- Softball: Molly Huffman, Molly.Huffman@adams12.org, Softball Field 3:30 PM
- Tennis: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tennis Courts, 4:00PM
- Volleyball: Stacy Long, Stacy.A.Long@adams12.org , Large Gym 4:00PM
- Gymnastic (District Team): Thornton High School, email@example.com
- Cross County: Jake Schaner, Jake.M.Schaner@adams12.org, Track 4:00PM
Off Season Summer Programs
Interested in participating in summer workouts??? Please reachout to the coach for more information and location.
- Football: Matt Dean, Matthew.P.Dean@adams12.org
- Volleyball: Stacy Long, Stacy.A.Long@adams12.org
- Boys Soccer: Ernesto Medina, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Boys Basketball: Kevin Knudson, Kevin.Knudson@adams12.org
- Girls Basketball: Gabriella Jimenez, email@example.com
- Wrestling: Brian Hufford, Brian.Hufford@adams12.org
- Cross Country: Jake Schaner, Jake.M.Schaner@adams12.org
- Softball: Molly Huffman, Molly.Huffman@adams12.org
- Baseball: Chris Mann, Christopher.H.Mann@adams12.org
- Tennis: Diane Wolverton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Norse Athletics
Purchasing furnature at American Warehouse? Mention Northglenn High School and instantly suppport our athletics program.
Access all Norse athletic schedules online. - To receive emails or texts regarding schedule changes, simply click "notify me" on the right side of the page and enter your notification details. More information about how to use the scheduler.
Children's Hospital Partnership
In 2010, Children’s Hospital Colorado and Adams 12 Five Star Schools formed a partnership to preserve the health and wellness of the district’s high school athletes. As a result, Sports Medicine Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado now staffs each high school’s training room with a certified athletic trainer who provides coverage of all athletic practices and home varsity events. In addition, Children’s Hospital Colorado also provides a physician at all home varsity football games, wrestling weight certifications, and various tournaments. Physicians also visit high schools weekly for as needed consultations.
Certified Athletic Trainers Provide the Following Services:
- Daily medical coverage, injury evaluations/management for all Five Star Schools athletes
- Concussion management
- Liaisons to assigned team physicians for each school
- Free injury assessments and recommendations for follow–up care
- Fast track emergency room care
- First aid & implementation of emergency protocols at each high school
- Annual athletic physicals (CAPS)
- Education and instruction for student athletes, coaches and parents
- Student education in sports medicine career paths
- Medical coverage available for summer camps upon request
In addition to clinical care, Children’s Hospital Colorado will provide Comprehensive Athletic Physicals (CAPS) free of charge for the district’s high school students. Children’s Colorado also offers ongoing educational seminars for parents and coaches on sports medicine, sports nutrition and concussion topics.
The Sports Medicine Center is housed within Children’s Hospital Colorado's Orthopedics Institute , recognized as one of the top 10 pediatric orthopedic programs in the country by U.S. News and World Report . Its team includes several sports medicine specialists who are specially trained and qualified to care for young competitive athletes, as well as pediatric rehabilitation medicine, physical therapy, orthopedic and orthopedic surgery specialists. Through the Sports Medicine Center at Children’s Hospital Colorado, children and teens also gain direct access to all of the pediatric experts and resources available through Children’s Colorado, including its Concussion Program .
Our relationship with the Children's Hospital keeps student athletes in the Five Star District healthy to play the sports they love.
Some Helpful Links From Children's HospitalThe importance of iron intake
Face coverings and kids - By now, we all know that almost everyone over the age of two should wear a face covering when out in public or around people they don’t live with. This is because it’s one of the most effective ways to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. But what are the best kinds of face coverings for kids? And what if you’re having trouble getting your kid to wear one? Our experts tackle these questions and many more.
Health and strength for female athletes - Sports like gymnastics, soccer and track require high energy input, meaning girls in those sports must eat enough of the right foods to remain healthy and at the top of their game. Unfortunately, many female athletes underestimate their caloric needs. When this happens, it can lead to three dangerous symptoms.
March Virtual Talk Opportunities
None at this time.