Student & Family Expectations and Commitments
Where can I get an Adams 12 Chromebook for my child?
Contact your school to get a Chromebook and charger checked out to your child. Every student will be provided with one device and one charger.
What should we know about caring for the Chromebook?
Your school will provide expectations for caring for your Chromebook, but here are some important things to keep in mind:
- Students in grades 3-12 should come to school prepared to learn with a charged Chromebook
- Keep food and drinks away from your device
- Keep device out of extreme heat or cold
- Keep heavy items, like books, off of your Chromebook
- Keep your device and charger out of reach of pets
- Handle your device gently and carry it with care
- Plug and unplug cords from your device carefully
- Place your device on safe, flat surfaces where it won’t fall
- Be aware of charger placement and walking paths; someone might trip on your charger and pull your device off of a table or desk
- Carry and store your device with the lid closed
- Before gently closing the lid, make sure nothing is on the keyboard
- Avoid using chemicals and cleaners on your Chromebook. These can damage the screen and keyboard.
- Keep track of your device at all times
- Keep your username and password private
- Shut down or reboot your device weekly to load updates
- Keep the Adams 12 stickers and barcodes on the Chromebook. Make sure your student’s name is on the sticker.
- Keep your device clean and easy to repair by not adding any stickers or personalization
What do I do if the Chromebook or charger gets lost?
- If the Chromebook is lost, please notify your student’s school as soon as possible.
- To receive a replacement for a lost Chromebook or charger, please contact your school’s Library to check out a new device or receive a new charger.
- A charge will be assessed for lost Chromebooks and chargers, per District Policy 3800.
What do I do if the Chromebook gets damaged?
- You may trade your broken Chromebook in for a replacement at your school’s library.
- The district will not charge for damaged devices except in cases of willful, excessive or repeated damage. The district will determine how charges will be assessed in future years based on data gathered during the inaugural year of this program.
- For help troubleshooting a device, you can send a help request to Adams 12 Family Tech Support.
What do I do if the Chromebook gets stolen?
- If your Chromebook is stolen, please file a police report with your local police authority & share that report with Adams 12 through Family Tech Support.
- To receive a replacement for a stolen Chromebook, please contact your school’s Library to check out a new device.
- A charge will not be assessed for stolen Chromebooks.
Do I need to purchase anything for my Adams 12 Chromebook?
- Adams 12 provides each student with a Chromebook and charger. Families are not required to purchase additional technology.
- Optionally, -families may choose to purchase a headset, case, or carrying bag for the Chromebook
My student is transferring to another school within Adams 12. Can they keep their Chromebook?
Yes, if your student is transferring to another school within Adams 12 (non-charter), they should keep the Chromebook that is currently checked out to them. If your student leaves the district, they must return their Chromebook and charger to your Adams 12 school.