Lindsey Leuenberger-Klautsch has been teaching at Northglenn High School since August of 2005. She currently teaches Adult Living, Child Development, and Early Childhood Education.
Family and Consumer Science programs encourage students to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. Our unique focus is on families, work and their interrelationships. The mission of Family and Consumer Science education is to prepare students for family life, work life and careers in Family and Consumer Science by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the lifespan.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and success in family and work life.
Please also take a moment to ensure your student is logged onto their correct Schoology Classroom, that is where all work and links to the assignments are posted. You will also find our course syllabus and information about our classroom. The Schoology codes for each class period are posted below. ALL assignments for each class can be found on Schoology.
Period 2: Child Development (DBWW-R7CK-RX6VH)
Period 3: Early Childhood Education (M2ZR-N4CQ-3Q8V7)
Period 4: Life Management/Interpersonal Relationships--previously known as Adult Living (25Z8-2XV6-7PKWN)
Period 6: Life Management/Interpersonal Relationships--previously known as Adult Living (TZ5Q-WCWV-7T6KB)
Period 7: Life Management/Interpersonal Relationships--previously known as Adult Living (2MV4-XC4G-F29B2)
My planning periods are 1st hour and 8th hour and I am always available to meet with you during those times. Please reach out to schedule an in-person or virtual meeting.
Please also feel free to email Mrs. Leuenberger with questions or concerns.