Lindsey Leuenberger-Klautsch has been teaching at Northglenn High School since August of 2005. She currently teaches Adult Living, Child Development, Early Childhood Education, and Culinary Arts.
Family and Consumer Science programs encourage students to manage the challenges of living and working in a diverse global society. Our unique focus is on families, work and their interrelationships. The mission of Family and Consumer Science education is to prepare students for family life, work life and careers in Family and Consumer Science by providing opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed for:
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the lifespan.
- Becoming responsible citizens and leaders in family, community and work settings.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the lifespan.
- Managing resources to meet the material needs of individuals and families.
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community and work environments.
- Successful life management, employment and career development.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.
- Appreciating human worth and accepting responsibility for one’s actions and success in family and work life.
Please also take a moment to ensure your student is logged onto their correct Schoology Classroom, that is where all work and links to the assignments are posted. You will also find our class attendance form and information about our live synchronous meetings on Zoom. The Schoology codes for each class period are posted below. ALL assignments for Remote Learning can be found on Schoology.
Period 2: Adult Living (BDXN-G63R-VTS72)
Period 3: Early Childhood Education (VZCN-CSHS-D4GQF)
Period 4: Early Childhood Education (5VGX-6S4D-TKT8W)
Period 6: Adult Living (MH68-4N85-WFF6V)
Period 8: Child Development (GR54-PSFP-684QX)
Office hours for Ms. Leuenberger are posted below and will include the opportunity to talk or video conference with her if you are in need of help.
7th Hour (1:39-2:32) Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and 10:00-12:00 on Wednesdays.
Please also feel free to email Mrs. Leuenberger with questions or concerns.